What can YOU do?
- Pack your school lunch in a sack that you can use over and over, and use containers or cloth instead of plastic bags or plastic wrap.
- If a recycling bin isn’t around, don’t throw a recyclable item away. Hold on to it or tuck it in your bag until you find a place to recycle it.
- Remember to bring your own bags when you go shopping so you do not have to take new ones.
- Choose to buy things that come in glass, metal, cardboard, or recyclable packaging—or better yet, no package at all!
- Learn where your city’s recycling center is, and what can and can’t be recycled there.
- Share great stories and ideas (like Isatou’s) with others so we can all learn how to pitch in and make our world more beautiful!
back to Dangers of Plastic